CASS’s 6th Anniversary Party
“LIGHTS, CAMERA, COLLECTIVE ACTION!”
WHEN: 6:00-8:30pm, Thursday, April 16
WHERE: Room & Board; 1840 14th Street NW DC
You’re cordially invited to join us for Collective Action for Safe Spaces’ 3rd annual signature community appreciation event, “Lights, Camera, Collective Action!”
Our small but dedicated staff has accomplished so much together in the past year. We launched RightRidesDC, a program that provides free, safe rides home for women and LGBT people, passed landmark sexual assault reforms in DC and conducted 20 community workshops! Come celebrate with us, and hear what else we have up our sleeves for 2015.
A ticket will ensure that you enjoy…
- Slam Poetry! Get truly inspired by the Madeira Slam Poetry Team, who won second place at the last years’ Louder Than A Bomb Teen Poetry Slam Competition!
- Music! DJ Crochet Kingpin will be spinning sick beats to get you on your feet.
- Food & drinks! Including wine from Monument Fine Wines.
- Stand-up comedy! Prepare to get stomach cramps from laughing with the amazing Chelsea Shorte.
Massages! Help your stress melt away at our self-care corner, including free massages from a professional masseuse!
- Silent Auction! Your chance to win fun local goods or original art!
- Photobooth! Have some laughs at our photo booth area set up with fun anti-street harassment activities.
We’re working with a bunch of local businesses, artists, musicians, and activists to make this event the most fabulous party of the year. Check back here for a list of sponsors, entertainers, and vendors at this year’s event!
All ticket proceeds go to ensuring access to free, safe rides home through programs like RightRides DC and long-term solutions to build safe streets through trainings and workshops, policy advocacy and cultural activism.
Not Local or Can’t Attend?
Don’t fret! You can still donate or sponsor one of our hard-working volunteers through our ticket sales link. Your donation will go straight to work in our programming to build a safer DC, including community workshops, bystander intervention training, timely policy advocacy, and more!
Not convinced yet? Check out some paparazzi snaps from past LCCAs. And remember, last year’s event was sold-out! Buy your tickets early!
Collective Action for Safe Spaces (CASS) is a grassroots organization that aims to empower the DC Metro area to build a community free from public sexual harassment and assault. We do this through both online and offline activism, including workshops, innovative direct services, policy advocacy and community outreach.