Tomorrow, we kick off International Anti-Street Harassment Awareness Week, a program of Stop Street Harassment, and we’ll be at three locations across the city to spread anti-harassment messages like “My Body is Not a Public Space” and “Stop Profiling Muslims.”
Join us at 14th & U St NW, H & 8th St NE, and the Anacostia Metro Stop between 1:30 and 3:30pm to reclaim safe spaces. RSVP on Facebook!
Here’s the full calendar of events for this week:
- Chalking Against Harassment: Meet us on the street to spread anti-harassment messages. We’ll bring the chalk and our sample messages, just bring yourselves!
- Learn skills for responding to street harassment on April 12th at 7pm at the WonderBread Factory in Shaw. Reserve your space here!
- Call on DC Public Library to better address anti-Muslim harassment and discrimination at the DCPL Budget Oversight Hearing on Wednesday, April 13th. Sign up here to testify – and email us if you’re planning to be there! We’ll meet on Sunday night to share our ideas for DCPL to take this problem seriously.
- Tweet Your Story: Participate in our Twitter chat, in partnership with Me Equals You, on April 14th at 9pm ET using the hashtag #CASSchats.
- Rally Against Street Harassment: Join us at the YNot Lot in Baltimore for live performances, arts activism, and a march in partnership with Hollaback! Baltimore and other local organizations working to address sexual harassment and assault.
Check out these photos from International Anti-Street Harassment Weeks of yore, and be sure to get yourself included in this year’s photos!