CASS’s 5th Anniversary Party
“LIGHTS, CAMERA, (COLLECTIVE) ACTION!”
WHEN: 6:00-8:30pm, Thursday, March 27
WHERE: Room & Board; 1840 14th Street NW DC
You’re cordially invited to walk the red carpet at Collective Action for Safe Spaces’ fundraiser, Lights, Camera, (Collective) Action! Our small staff has accomplished so much together in the past year. We launched a program to train bar staff to prevent sexual assault, organized survivors and activists to advocate for sexual assault reforms and conducted a number of community workshops! Come celebrate with us, and hear what else we have up our sleeves for 2014.
Because it’s our *5th anniversary,* we’re pulling out all the stops. A ticket will ensure that you enjoy…
- Dancing! Get your groove on to danceable tunes and a special live music guest. Featuring DJ Danielle Vu of Shark Week!
- Live band! Free jazz trio OOO will play a live lounge set that will get your toes tapping!
- Food & drinks! Delicious vegan hors d’oevres by Stefwiches and an open bar sponsored by DC Brau and Monument Fine Wines.
- Massages! Help your stress melt away at our self-care corner, including free massages from a professional masseuse!
- Silent Auction! Your chance to win fun local goods or original art!
- Photobooth! Have some laughs at our photo booth area set up with fun anti-street harassment activities.
- Live portraits! DC artist Rose Jaffe will bring out your best traits. (Seriously, her work is amazing!)
We’re working with a bunch of local businesses, artists, musicians, and activists to make this event the most fabulous party of the year. Check out this list of sponsors, entertainers, and vendors at this year’s event – we’ll update it continually throughout the month!
DC Brau • Monument Fine Wines • Stefwiches • Beyond Meat • Woolly Mammoth • Hank’s Oyster Bar • Danielle Vu of Shark Week • Miss Pixie’s • Treasury Vintage • Flying Dog Brewery • Rose Jaffe • ADAPT • Som Records • UrbanStems • District Karaoke • Home Rule • Justin Reed Photo • 2B Studios • Sticky Rice • Ninnella • Mare Naturals • stated. • CoCo Sala • Lee Keeling, Personal Trainer • Harrar Coffee and Roastery • Amanda Adams, Bang Salon • Mary Beth Wood • Capital Charm • Theresa Robinson, Massage • Studio Theatre • Capital Fringe Festival • Cusbah • D.C. United • Scratch DC • Matchbox • and more!
All of your donations of time, energy, supplies, or funds go to support innovative programming to end public sexual harassment and assault in DC. We have fantastic projects on the books for 2014, including important survivor-led policy advocacy and a community mural project! Help us bring these services, and more, to our nation’s capital.
Not convinced yet? Check out some paparazzi snaps from 2013. And remember, last year’s event was sold-out! Buy your tickets early!
Not Local or Can’t Attend? Donate or sponsor one of our hard-working volunteers at the ticket sales link. Your donation will go straight to work in our programming to build a safer DC, including community workshops, bystander intervention training, timely policy advocacy, and more!
Collective Action for Safe Spaces (CASS) is a grassroots organization that aims to empower the DC Metro area to build a community free from public sexual harassment and assault. We do this through both online and offline activism, including workshops, innovative direct services, policy advocacy and community outreach.
Follow us on Twitter @SafeSpacesDC to get updates; hashtag #LCCA2014!